A heart failure patient may experience one of these or different symptoms:
- Difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath. Initially, it will occur while the patient is exercising or doing some heavy work. At advanced stages, this occurs even while the patient is resting.
- An interruption in sleeping because of difficulty in breathing.
- Swelling in the ankles, feet, and legs.
- The extra fluid in the body leads to weight gain.
- The patient is not able to do daily activities because they feel tired most of the time.
- Lack of appetite.
- Vomiting and nausea.
- Faster heartbeat.