Download Guidelines for Preventive health check programs
- Please come well rested before the health check
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Fast overnight for minimum 10-12 hours before the tests. Nothing except plain water may be consumed while fasting.
- Do not consume heavy/fatty meal or meat for dinner prior to the day of health check.
- Avoid exercising in the morning of the day of health check.
- You are advised to remove all your jewellery before the health check.
- Do not consume alcohol or nicotine 24 hours prior to the health check.
- If you have a pre-existing medical condition, please bring along your medical records along with past test reports along with films for the doctor to review (preferably of last 2years).
For Appointments & Billing:
- Please schedule your health check appointment at least 2 days in advance. This will help us plan your health check and provide a pleasant experience.
- You would be receiving a confirmation call from our customer support team prior to your appointment. Confirming your appointment and pre-payment of your package, helps us prepare your health check files in advance which reduces the waiting time at billing counter and overall time required for completion of your package.
- Our staff would be sharing with you the payment link in advance for pre-payment.
- Please carry a valid Government ID Card for identification
- All corporate clients are requested to carry an authorization/credit letter from their respective organization with validity of at least 1 month.
- Any additional tests/investigations advised by the doctor will be billed separately post the Doctor’s consultation.
Instruction for Abdominal Ultrasound:
- Ultrasound abdomen needs to be performed on a full bladder with minimum 4 hours fasting (A strong urge to pass urine implies a full bladder). We suggest that you consume water before your ultrasound as advised by the health check team. This will ensure that you have a full bladder at the time of your ultrasound test (if included in the package). Please don’t take your Breakfast or give Urine sample before your Ultrasound test is completed.
Instructions for Tests/Investigations:
- Please carry all your current medications along with you.
- If you are Diabetic, please take your medication with breakfast (just before or after food as advised by your Physician)
- PP blood sugar sample has to be given exactly after two hours from the time you finished breakfast. If you are required to give a PP blood sugar sample, please do not eat or drink anything in these two hours, except plain water
- Avoid BP/Hypertension medicines till your Stress Echocardiography, TMT or Echo test is done, unless advised by the Physician otherwise.
- Renal Doppler test (included in the Hypertension package) requires 12 hours fasting.
- Do not take Calcium or multi-vitamins/supplements (that contains Calcium salt) 48 hours prior to the test if you are scheduled for a Dexa scan / Bone densitometry test.
- Spirometry / Pulmonary Function test: Intake of inhalers should be avoided for 24 hours (if possible) prior to the test. Do this only in consultation with your prescribing Physician.
- Due to the pandemic, Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) ** will be done only for individuals who have COVID - 19 RTPCR negative report (maximum 7 days old) or a recovery certificate by a certified practitioner. (**Subject to latest COVID guidelines)
- If you use contact lenses, discontinue their use 24 hours prior to your health check appointment. Wear your latest number spectacles instead. The eye specialist will need to evaluate your latest number spectacles, as well (if Vision testing is included in the package).
- Clean the wax from ears for Audiometry test (if included in the package).
- If you are a Diabetic/Cardiac/BP patient or have suffered any illness or fever in the recent past, please inform Preventive Health Check reception in advance.
Instruction for Cardiac Check:
- Please wear comfortable footwear or carry jogging shoes along, since you will be required to do brisk walking as part of the treadmill test (TMT).
- If you need to eat before the treadmill test, then eat a light snack and avoid fatty food.
- If you are under any treatment or taking medication for any condition, please notify the nurse/technician beforehand.
- Male patients are advised to shave their chest at home, before coming for health check as this will help make the electrode placement and removal for TMT/ECG pain-free.
Duration for Health check:
- The Health Check process will take minimum 4-6 hours depending upon the package chosen. Whole Body and Years to Life Packages may take longer and few tests may have to be performed on the next day as well.
- Your patience is of paramount importance and helps us serve you better.
- Please refer to the Package Orientation sheet handed over to you in your file on the day of tests for detailed instructions regarding the process flow of your package.
Post Health Check consultation:
- Your reports would be ready between 24 hours to 72 hours post your health check (depending on your package).
- You can collect your reports from the report counter on 2nd floor
- You would be meeting our specialist doctors (if included in your package), once your reports are published.
- Please connect with Health check team for aligning post health check doctor consultations.
- It is advised to book your appointment around 10th -14th day of your menstrual cycle. This is about one week after your last day of menstruation.
- If you are menstruating on the day of your appointment, please inform the nurses upon your arrival. You will not be able to give your urine, stool and PAP smear samples as the blood in samples may lead to inaccurate results. We can schedule these tests for later date.
- If you are pregnant or suspecting pregnancy, kindly inform the Preventive Health Check reception in advance, and do not get X-ray, mammography or treadmill test done.
- Mammography is advised only for women above 40 years of age or in specific condition, as advised by the Physician.
Please feel free to contact us on 0124-6548833 for further assistance.