This disorder usually includes both obsessions and compulsions. You may or may not realize that your obsessions and compulsions are excessive or unreasonable, but they take a lot of time and interfere with your daily routine, and social life, or work functioning. A patient may have symptoms of both obsession and compulsion. Common symptoms include:
- Fear of germs or contamination.
- Aggressive thoughts towards others or self.
- Wanting things to be arranged in a symmetrical or in a perfect order.
- Unwanted forbidden thoughts, including religion and caste-related violence, and some others.
- Thoughts of harming somebody who loves you.