Because atherosclerosis develops gradually, symptoms do not get displayed until the situation gets worsened and complicated. It might result in an inadequate supply of blood to organs and tissues. Symptoms also depend on:
- The location of the affected artery.
- Heart pressure in the chest and chest pain
- Brain –numbness and weakness in arms and legs, slurred speech, drooping facial muscles, and temporary loss of vision in one eye
- Arms and legs – Leg pain during physical activities
- Kidneys – High blood pressure or kidney failure