Chronic Constipation can be due to various causes, including:
- Slow transit constipation: This condition results in infrequent bowel motions and difficulty passing stool because the muscles in the colon move too slowly.
- Constipation due to pelvic floor dysfunction: This condition develops when the pelvic floor muscles do not work properly, making it challenging to pass stool.
- Irritable bowel syndrome(IBS) with Constipation is a subtype of IBS that includes symptoms such as bloating, abdominal pain, and chronic Constipation.
- Constipation brought on by medication: Opioid drugs are one example of a drug that might have the negative effect of making you constipated.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation: This type of Constipation lacks a known cause.