The clinic aims at treating and managing patients who are facing any kind of injury in the blood vessels.
The clinic was especially devised to take care of patients suffering from the advanced stage of the peripheral artery disease.
Diabetic Foot Care
Nerve damage, circulation problems, and infections can lead to serious foot problems if you have diabetes. However, there are precautions you can take to maintain healthy feet. Good management of your diabetes and an overall healthy lifestyle helps to keep this disease under control. This should include regular medical exams, monitoring of blood sugars, regular exercise, and a balanced diet. You can help prevent serious complications involving your feet by visiting the diabetic foot clinic regularly.
Who should attend:-
All diabetic patients with-
- burning, tingling, or painful feet
- loss of sensation of heat, cold, or touch
- changes in colour or shape of your feet/toes ( Hammertoes or onset of blisters, sores, ulcers, infected corns, or ingrown toenails
- Diabetic foot
- Diabetic Cellulites
- Charcot’s foot (* red swollen warm unilateral foot)
- Non Re-constructible arterial vessel disease ( Burger’s Disease)
Procedures done in the OPD:-
- Removal/ Descaling of corns and callosity
- Fillings of heel cracks
- Nail avulsion for ingrown toenails
- Nail clippings for thickened fungal nails
- Extensor tenotomy (straitening of curled fingers)
- Dressings of diabetic foot ulcers
- Debridement’s of diabetic foot ulcers(Surgical/Mechanical)
- Ultrasonic wound debridement
- Vacuum-assisted closure device
- Epidermal Harvesting
- Platelet-rich plasma for treatment of non-healing diabetic foot ulcers
- Management of Burns/ Traumatic foot and leg wounds
- Stem Cell therapy for non-healing diabetic foot ulcers
- Customised Insoles for offloading
- Orthotics and Prosthesis
Swollen leg and Varicose Ulcer Clinic
The swollen leg and varicose ulcer clinic at Medanta has been devised to ensure that patients suffering from varicose veins and swollen legs receive personalised and quality care at affordable prices.
Robotic surgery or the robot assisted surgery help the doctors to perform complex surgeries with great accuracy and precision. The clinic is equipped with the new age Da Vinci Robotic System which helps the experts achieve excellent results.
Academic and Research
A separate section of the division is dedicated to academics and research, which is one-of-its kind facility in the country. The clinic continuously strives to come up with different new technologies and methods that can help doctors perform better.