She has an illustrious career spanning over 40 years in cardiac anesthesia and critical care and is internationally recognized for her expertise in the field.
• She started her career as Asst. Professor, Anesthesiology- Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Hospital, Mumbai, (1987-1989)
• Senior Consultant, Cardiothoracic Anesthesia and Critical Care, Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi, India (1989 – 2007)
• Senior Consultant, Cardiothoracic Anesthesia and Critical Care, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, India (2007- 2009)
• Director- Cardiothoracic & Vascular Anesthesia & Critical Care, Medanta – The Medicity, Gurugram (2009- 2016)
• Senior Director – Cardiothoracic & Vascular Anesthesia & Critical Care, Medanta –The Medicity, Gurugram 2016- till date
She is credited with over 75 publications in various international & national journals and chapters in books. She has done pioneering work in prevention of Neuro-injury during cardiac surgery and Intraoperative Echocardiography. She is also credited with publishing world’s first largest series on the impact of using intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography in Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia 12:625-632, 1998.
She has been conducting the “Comprehensive Perioperative Echo Workshop” for over 10 years consecutively. Which is endorsed by IACTA, IAE & Leipzig Heart Institute, Germany.