The condition can be identified by carefully observing the following symptoms. However, the symptoms may vary from person to person depending on the underlying cause. Common symptoms include abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, and decreased/minimal urination. Other symptoms can be:
- Pain and tenderness in the abdomen.
- Abdominal pain that increases with motion or touch.
- Bloating or distention of the abdomen.
- Nausea and vomiting resulting from intestinal paralysis.
- Washboard rigidity.
- Anorexia, or loss of appetite leading to weight loss.
- Excessive thirst or urge to drink water.
- Fatigue , fever and chills.