AATS Interventional Coronary Congress 2016, organized by Medanta – The Medicity was held from 11th – 13th November 2016 in New Delhi. ICC 2016 was organized with an aim to make a first of its kind comprehensive course on coronary artery disease management where the platform is shared by eminent cardiac surgeons and cardiologists from the world to give a complete overview and meet all the unmet needs. This symposium was designed for Cardiac surgeons, interventional cardiologists, clinical cardiologists, general practitioners, nurse practitioners, cath lab technicians, and other healthcare professionals with a special interest in the field of cardiovascular medicine. Interventional Coronary Congress Cutting edge practical meeting on coronary artery disease focused on:
- Most course on updated coronary artery disease management
- Patient centric comprehensive evidence based scientific content
- Interventional soft learning skill for the surgeons OP CAB workshop
- Practical solutions for making the Heart Team to treat the most complex CAD patients
- What to do session in complex lesions – Surgeons vs Physician vs Interventional Cardiologists
- Meeting the experts from around the world
- Training village – hand on experience
- Meeting the unmet need for young cardiac surgeons from all across the globe
- Bringing the best of Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery in CAD on a single platform
- Witnessing the top controversies and debates on PCI vs CABG discussed in the open complication and disaster in OR & Cath Lab.
This symposium was an effort to achieve certain learning objectives for different healthcare professionals, which include:
- Giving a single platform to cardiac surgeons, cardiologist and clinical cardiologist to educate, interact and collaborate and get the answers they always wanted but never got and to meet the unmet needs in their day-to-day clinical practice
- Incorporating the cutting edge evidence – based surgical and interventional advancements in management of patients with atherosclerotic coronary artery disease
- Witnessing the open discussion on top controversies and debates between cardiologists and cardiac surgeons, how they challenge each other, fraught for their supremacy, but finally collaborate for making a difference in the life of patients
- Witnessing the most dared complication and disaster in OR & Cath Lab In today’s world, it is very necessary to change our mindset about individualistic approach of coronary artery disease management to more consensus-based approaches.In the light of evidences from recent trials it’s proved that HEART TEAM of Medanta is the way forward in the management of cardiovascular diseases, be it coronary artery disease or structural heart disease. We hope that this collaborated effort will translate into improved patient care.