Enlarged adenoids can create a lot of problems. Children or person suffering from this disorder breathe through their mouth due to nasal cavity blockage. Breathing through mouth increases during night. The symptoms for the same are:
- Blocked and stuffy nose similar to cold and cough.
- Ear problems such as pain and difficulty in hearing.
- Sleep apnea or irregular breathing during sleep.
- Snoring due to breathing problem.
- Sore throat and difficulty in swallowing.
- Swollen glands in the neck.
- Problems breathing through the nose.
- Glue ear (hearing problems due to fluid buildup in middle ear).
- Cracked lips and dry mouth.