Any individual suffering from dental abscess may notice shooting sharp dental pain which increases on putting pressure or applying hot throbs. At times the pain is accompanied by swelling, which subsides on applying ice packs. Common symptoms of a tooth or gum abscess include:
- Intense shooting pain in the affected area and gradually may get worse.
- Sharp pain that may extend towards the ear, jaw, and neck.
- Redness and swelling on the face.
- Tender, discolored or loose tooth.
- Swollen gums.
- Sensitivity for hot and/or cold food and drinks.
- Bad /foul smelling breath.
- Bad taste in the mouth.