Headache is one of the commonest aches that most people complain of. Headaches can happen to anyone irrespective of age and gender. Every time popping a painkiller is not a good idea. Hence try any of these home remedies for headache next time you get the headache.
Before that remember following tips that will help you prevent getting a headache.
• Don't stay hungry for a long time, as hunger can also be one of the causes of having a headache.
• Take one spoonful of sugar and eat it when you have a headache. The sweet sugar taste will give you instant relief from your headache.
• Do Yoga to remain stress free. The various Yogic aasan maintain correct blood circulation and prevent headaches from occurring.
• As much as you can avoid eating junk and fried food stuff.
• Take a good sleep, as it is must to have an overall balanced health.
• Include green vegetables and fruits in your daily diet.
• If you have a headache then take a glass of milk.
• Yogurt should be avoided, especially at night.
• Don't eat cheese and chocolate in excess amount.
• Learn some deep breathing exercises and go for half an hour walk daily in some park where you will get pollution free air.
• The natural urges (sneezing, passing stool and urine, hunger, thirst, sleep, breathing and yawning etc.) should not be suppressed.
Home remedies for Headaches:
• Make a decoction from sugsar and coriander and drink it whenever you get a headache due to cold.
• Make a paste with clove and salt crystals and add it in the milk. Drink this milk; this drink will relieve the stress and the tension, which has caused you the headache.
• Make a paste with water and cinnamon powder and apply it on the head.
• Sometimes acidity can also be the cause of headaches. Hence for such types of headaches drink a glass of water with a fresh lemon juice added into it. This is one of the best home remedies for headache as it also cures acidity.
• Applying sandalwood paste on the forehead will give relief from headache. This remedy should be tried in case you have got a headache in summer due to the heat.
• Massage your head with coconut oil. This will help the blood circulation in the head thus give instant
relief from headache.
• Drinking a cup of tea is the very old method of curing headaches. You can also add ginger and cumin
and coriander seeds while making the tea.
• To cure headache massager you head with eucalyptus oil.
• After waking up in the morning, eat an apple with a pinch of sale added to it. After this drink either water
or milk. Do this regime for about ten days. This remedy is good for those who get headaches often.
• Massage your forehead with almond oil for getting instant relief from the headaches.
• Drinking garlic juice early in the morning will also act as a painkiller and stop your headache within minutes.
Copyright © 2012 Medanta The Medicity. All Rights Reserved.